The report documents any defects that are found, ranging from immediately dangerous faults to minor faults and recommendations for safety improvements. We will usually provide a competitive written quotation for any such remedial work; however our reports are always written in sufficient detail that should you wish to, you can easily use them to obtain alternative quotations from other electrical contractors.
There are five main aims of an electrical installation condition report:
- Record the results of the inspection and testing to make sure the electrical installation is safe to be used until the next inspection (following any work needed to make it safe)
- Find any damage and wear and tear that might affect safety, and report it
- Find any parts of the electrical installation that do not meet the IEE Wiring Regulations
- Help find anything that may cause electric shocks and high temperatures
- Provide an important record of the installation at the time of the inspection, and for inspection testing in the future
Find out more about Electrical Installation Condition Reports with helpful guides from the Electrical Safety Council